Valuing Minds is a Hertfordshire-based independent Educational Psychology consultancy providing services for 0 – 25 year olds, their parents or carers and their school or college in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and North London primarily. We believe in putting children and young people at the heart of everything we do, whether that is conducting an assessment of a young person, contributing to the review of an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) or enabling a school management team to work more effectively together, so that the children in that school benefit from a clear strategy and an improved educational experience.
All our work starts with a free consultation; an information-gathering exercise with you, whether you are a parent, teacher or a youngster yourself. This helps us find out what’s on your mind and what concerns or issues you may have that you are seeking help with. We will work with you to agree a way forward, what steps will be involved and what the associated fees will be. We will keep you informed about progress and, if appropriate, will provide you with a detailed report.
Valuing Minds prides itself on its open, honest and pragmatic approach. This means that we will work to ensure that interventions are practical and focused on the child’s, family’s or school’s needs. We won’t use jargon or ‘psycho-babble’ but aim to explain things in a way that gives you confidence and clarity about what we’re saying.
Parents come to us for a variety of reasons, for example:
- Help understanding why your child’s learning or behaviour is a concern
- Support to ensure your gifted & talented child is able to reach their full potential
- Help understanding a diagnosis that another professional has made
- Reassurance that your child is “OK”
- Help identifying a problem or condition
- Teaching techniques and strategies that can help your child
- Signposting to the correct teams/services
- Support to challenge an education provider to ensure your child has the correct resources and help
- Support with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) application, review or tribunal
- An assessment for access arrangements for GCSE or A level exams