Parents Advice Centre
Supporting families across Northern Ireland since 1979.
We believe that effective parenting is the cornerstone of strong families. We aim to provide parents and carers with the support and resources they need to ensure the most positive upbringing for their children and young people.
Our focus is on prevention and early intervention, in order to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people. All of Parenting NI services have been developed based on the needs of parents.
Our vision of the future is one where parenting is highly valued, and family members receive the support and resources they need to provide a happy and safe environment in which children and young people can achieve their potential.
Our aim is to contribute to the well-being of children and young people by supporting parents and to influence policy and practice on parenting.
Our values are underpinned in all of Parenting NI projects:
- The safety and well-being of children is paramount
- Parenting should be valued
- Parents need to be supported
- Support services for parents should be universal and accessible
- Parents have the right to expect high quality services
- All families should be valued equally, regardless of their structure or background
- Parents and young people are entitled to be able to talk confidentially
- Parents have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, and not to be judged
- Parents have the right to expect organisations with whom they are involved to be open, honest and accountable
- The rights and responsibilities of parents, children and young people should be protected and respected