Dance Movement Therapist
Dance therapy offers people a chance to express themselves and make sense of their feelings, in a place where they feel seen, heard & understood.
Not only does it enhance wellbeing through movement, dance & relaxation techniques, but other benefits of Dance therapy include:
- A chance to express oneself creatively.
- Enhance self & body awareness.
- Increase self esteem and self confidence .
- Enhance ability to interact positively with others.
- Work through developmental difficulties such as low impulse control and concentration.
- Improve communication skills.
- Learn and grow in a safe, supported environment.
- Discover own innate ability to relax and channel energy in a positive way.
- Improve cognitive skills, eg, memory and expanding vocabulary.
- For those with physical disabilities it can help to increase awareness of their environment, and improve their relationship with it. This enables them to cope better with their disability.
- Through movement, the therapist can help the the client activate his/her individual resources and personal expression.
- It is an opportunity to improve developmental skills, such as balance, co-ordination, distorted body image, increase range of movements and sensory integration.
Talya, our therapist, will travel to you and can see clients in the comfort of their own homes.