Dimension's Autism Friendly Screening: Big Hero 6
Picturehouse's sensory friendly screening designed to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for people with sensory sensitivities and their loved ones.
We hope these screenings can act as a transition into regular cinema screenings for some of our guests, while making the cinema more inclusive and accessible for everyone who feels they will benefit from the environment.
Autism friendly screenings – the adjustments
These autism friendly adjustments are designed to make the cinema more inclusive and accessible for people with sensory sensitivities, and others who can benefit from this environment.
These adjustments are guidelines we share with our partner cinemas. We encourage local cinemas to personalise their screenings to help guests feel more comfortable and support them to maintain high standards.
- A relaxed environment where people understand the needs of children and families with autism
- Lights left on low
- Sound turned down
- No trailers or advertisements (unless they are embedded in the film)
- Staff trained in autism awareness
- Disabled access
- Chill out zone, where available
- Freedom to move around and sit where you like
- Bring your own food and drink
- Free entry for carers with a valid CEA Card
- Free social story template
How to book your tickets
Tickets are available to book around 5 days in advance. There are a number of ways you can book tickets for Picturehouse’s autism friendly screenings. Select the film listed as an autism friendly screening and follow the booking process:
- On the Picturehouse website (select your cinema and the film marked as ‘autism friendly’ on the schedule. Please note a £1.50 booking fee applies for online bookings.)
- Via the dedicated accessibility hotline 0207 294 7908 (standard call rates apply)
- At your local cinema.